1. Cream Group 1 until moderately light – not more than 5 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add Group 2 gradually in several small lots, thoroughly beating in each addition.
3. This should take about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in Group 3 and mix thoroughly.
5. Use low machine speed and scrape down to ensure a smooth batter.
6. Add Group 4 to the batter and mix all together thoroughly.
Yield: Do not over-beat Group 1. This may cause crumbliness in the baked cake. If when adding egg mix gives a “curdled effect” incorporate a small quantity of the flour from Group 3. Best results are obtained by washing and draining sultanas, raisins, currants then blending with glacé cherries, mixed peel, glycerine and small quantity of APITO RUM FLAVOURING PASTE. Place into a plastic bucket cover and leave overnight.