1. Dough up the BAKELS SCONE MIX with water using a beater or dough hook on low speed until clear.
2. Scale dough off into 1.5 kg pieces.
3. Shape rectangular and sheet out 5 mm thick by 40 cm wide and 80 cm long.
4. Spread with desired filling (see notes) and roll up as for a Swiss roll.
5. Cut into rounds 2−2.5 cm thick and place cut side down on well greased tray.
6. Baking temperature 220°C.
Yield: Filling ideas: Date and nut: 0.500kg Dates, 0.150kg Walnuts (crushed), 0.100kg Brown Sugar and Apito Lemon Flavouring Paste (to taste). Preecook dates to a soft paste consistency. Combine with other ingredients and spread on dough. Fruit Custard: Bakels Instant Continental Custard 0.125kg, Water 0.310kg and Fil-O-Fine Fruit mince 0.400kg. Prepare Bakels Instant Continental Custard as per standard recipe. Spread the custard on the dough followed by Fil-O-Fine Fruit mince. Cherry Delight: Pettina Kokomix 1.0kg, Water 0.400kg, Glace Cherries (choppped) 0.100kg and Apito Maraschino Fl. Paste 0.010kg. Thoroughly mix the Pettina Kokomix and water together. Add remaining ingredients and spread on dough. Apricot & Nut: Dried Apricots (minced) 0.200kg, Brown Sugar 0.200kg, Pecans (chopped) 0.100kg. Spread dough with Pettina Apricot mix (recipe no. 58250A). Combine above ingredients and sprinkle generously over the dough. Cinnamon: Brown Sugar 0.200kg and Cinnamon 0.015kg. Brush dough with melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle cinnamon mix on dough. Spicy Apple: Pettina Apple Mix 0.600kg, Cinnamon 0.010kg and Mixed Spice 0.010kg. Prepare the apple filling (recipe no. 58200A). Add the spices and spread on dough. Cherry Almond: Glace Cherries (chopped) 0.200kg, Flaked Almonds 0.100kg and Honey 0.100kg. Combine all ingredients and spread on dough.