1. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl with exception of fruit and APITO BUN SPICE ESSENCE.
2. If using powdered spices, these should be added with the flour.
3. Blend BAKELS INSTANT ACTIVE DRY YEAST through the ingredients.
4. Add water.
5. Thoroughly develop the dough.
6. Finally, add fruit and APITO BUN SPICE ESSENCE and mix through.
7. Finished Dough Temperature 30°C.
8. If using compressed yeast, FDT 27°-20°C.
9. Floor time 10-15 minutes.
10. Divide and mould.
11. Prove, then pipe on crosses using PETTINA CHOUX PASTE MIX (see recipe No. 32900A) or BAKELS
12. Bake without steam at 218°C
13. Note: BAKELS BAKTEM RED, being a complete concentrate, makes it unnecessary to use a
Yield: For chocolate hot cross buns delete all spices and replace sultanas with chocolate chips. Add 1.8% of Pettina or Apito Chocolate Paste for flavour.