1. Place Group 1 ingredients into mixing bowl.
2. Blend on low speed for 1 minute.
3. Scrape down.
4. Blend on medium speed for 5 minutes.
5. Add Group 2 and blend on low speed for 1 minute.
6. Spray the plastic pudding bowls with Bakels Sprink and deposit 825g of batter into each bowl.
7. Steam bake puddings in a high sided lamington tray (8 puddings to a tray) with 2.5 litres of water in
8. Cover the puddings with 1 sheet of silicone paper and 6 sheets of newspaper soaked in water.
9. Steam bake at 150°c for approximately 4 hours.
10. Take the puddings from the oven, remove the paper and transfer to a dry tray and bake at 145°c for
a further 30 minutes.
11. After baking leave the puddings to cool completely before placing the lids on the bowls.
12. Puddings can be baked without steam at 150°c for approximately 2.5 hours. (Steam baking produces
a better eating quality pudding).
Yield: Optional: Spray cold puddings with Brandy or Rum and allow to soak into the crumb prior to packing.