1. Open and drain two 800 g tins of pitted black cherries, keep and use the syrup in the recipe.
2. Place Group 1 in mixing bowl.
3. Blend on low speed for 1 minute.
4. Scrape down.
5. Blend on 2nd speed for 4 minutes.
6. Add Group 2 and blend on low speed for 30 seconds.
7. Add Group 3 and blend in on low speed.
8. Thoroughly grease a 20 cm high sided cake tin with TINMAX CAKE.
9. Leaving a 25 mm gap around the edge place a layer of drained cherries.
10. Then pipe a spiral of good quality raspberry or plum jam on top of the cherries.
11. Weigh 550 g of cake batter and drop around the edge of the cake tin spreading into the centre.
12. Bake at 175°C low bottom and medium top heat.
13. Cool in cake tin for 20 minutes.
14. Tip out onto a cake board, bottom will become top.
15. When cool split and fill with whipped cream.
16. Dust the top with BAKELS ICING SUGAR.