1. Pre-heat oven to 240°C with the steam on.
2. Place all ingredients into a spiral mixer (calculate dough temperature).
3. Mix for 7 minutes on speed 1 and then 9 minutes on speed 3 until dough is fully developed (dough
4. Rest in oiled & covered container for 60 minutes.
5. Divide dough into 450g and flatten into an oval sheet of even thickness.
6. Roll dough tightly by applying the correct pressure.
7. Mould gently to correct length, moving from the centre towards the ends and place them on flat trays.
8. Dry prove for 30-60 minutes until fully proved.
9. Dust dough lightly with rye flour and cut 3 times on a 45 degree angle.
10. Place dough in the oven and reduce the temperature to 205°C.
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes (vent after 25 minutes).
Yield: 20 Artisan Baguettes scaled at 450g.