1. Open and drain a large tin of apricot halves.
2. Keep and use the syrup in the recipe.
3. Place Group 1 in mixing bowl.
4. Blend on low speed for 1 minute.
5. Scrape down.
6. Blend on 2nd speed for 4 minutes.
7. Add Group 2 and blend on low speed for 30 seconds.
8. Add Group 3 and blend in on low speed.
9. Thoroughly grease a 20 cm high sided cake tin with TINMAX CAKE.
10. Leaving a 25 mm gap around the edge spread brown sugar 5 mm thick over the bottom of the tin.
11. Place drained apricot halves on top of the sugar still leaving the gap around the edge.
12. Weigh 550 g of cake batter and drop around the edge of the cake tin spreading into the centre.
13. Bake at 175°C low bottom and medium top heat.
14. Cool in cake tin for 20 minutes.
15. Tip out onto a cake board, bottom will become top.
16. When cool split and fill with whipped cream.
17. Dust the top with BAKELS ICING SUGAR.